Today this body region is especially susceptible to exercise and looking after it. The highlighted region is the thighs and bottom.
Apart from sitting on our bottoms (and being far too sedentary), it is the base of the spine and the epicenter of our core strength. This is also the area where the body likes to store excess fat. If you want to stay in good shape, building core strength and staying in shape – especially as you get older – is very important. Here are some core exercises to get you started. The beginner’s version will do.
It is better to do only a few exercises a day, but those consistently.
Another cause for concern, predominantly for women, is cellulite. There are tons of creams, treatments, and else on the market. It is hard to completely get rid of cellulite. But there are a few methods to either lessen the appearance or prevent it altogether. But in essence, it depends on hormones, the lack of collagen, lack of blood circulation, and age. So what can you do to prevent building cellulite?
1) Body brushing. A good body brushing routine will help you to keep your skin in a good shape, keeps the circulation going, and will help toxins, hormones, and fats not to settle (as that is what cellulite is made of ).
2) Take a good collagen supplement as that will keep your tissue firm.
3) Drink a lot of water and nettle tea. It will hydrate your body and flush out toxins before they can settle.
4) Finally exercise. This is probably the most important tip – do lunges and squats. A running routine will pump blood around your body and a well-trained body has hardly any cellulite.
Once you have cellulite, keep doing these tips so you don’t get more.
5) After you finished your body brushing and had a shower to remove the dead skin cells, apply a few handfuls of birch oil. I particularly love the Weleda birch oil, which is a Biodynamic Skincare brand (established by Rudolf Steiner over 100 years ago). It keeps the skin smooth and nourished whilst improving your circulation and helping to prevent the appearance of cellulite.
More information on this subject will be added in due course