Today is a great day for any beauty procedures that cleanse and tone your face and body. This could be a salt rub, a deep-cleansing mask, or body wrap or peeling. In short, any application that tones and cleanses. It is closely related to our body brushing symbol.
The best time is naturally the Waning/New Moon. This is additional to the normal day-to-day cleansing routine, which continues regardless of what the moon cycle is doing.
It is currently a strange time. Practically overnight we turned from people with busy lifestyles to sitting at home wondering how to declutter the home, start home-schooling, and wondering how to cut our own hair. I can of course only recount my own experience here....
Today’s highlighted body region contains the thighs and bottom. Pay extra attention to this region, exercise it, and look after it! Below you find some tips and recipes. You can do these also on other days, but use this symbol as a reminder, and after all, today is the best day to do it.
Increase your core strength
Apart from sitting on our bottoms (and being far too sedentary), it is the base of the spine and the epicenter of our core strength. This is the area where the body likes to store excess fat. If you want to stay in good shape, building core strength and staying in shape – especially as you get older – is very important. Here are 5 core exercises to get you started.
Combat and prevent cellulite
Another cause for concern, predominantly for women, is cellulite.
Cellulite refers to the dimpled or lumpy appearance of the skin, particularly in areas like the thighs, buttocks, and abdomen. It occurs when fat deposits push through the connective tissue beneath the skin, causing the skin to appear uneven.
There are tons of creams, treatments, and else on the market. It is hard to completely get rid of cellulite. But there are a few methods to either lessen the appearance or prevent it altogether. But in essence, it depends on hormones, the lack of collagen, the lack of blood circulation, and age. So what can you do to prevent building cellulite?
1) Body brushing. A good body brushing routine will help you to keep your skin in good shape, keep the circulation going, and help toxins, hormones, and fats not to settle (as that is what cellulite is made of ).
2) Take a good collagen supplement as that will keep your tissue firm.
3) Drink a lot of water, dandelion, and nettle tea. It will hydrate your body and flush out toxins before they can settle.
4) Finally exercise.This is probably the most important tip – do lunges and squats. A running routine will pump blood around your body and a well-trained body has hardly any cellulite.
5) After you finished your body brushing and had a shower to remove the dead skin cells, apply a few handfuls of birch oil. I particularly love the Weleda birch oil, which is a Biodynamic Skincare brand (established by Rudolf Steiner over 100 years ago). It keeps the skin smooth and nourished whilst improving your circulation and helping to prevent the appearance of cellulite.
6) Apply common Ivy compresses: If you have ivy in your garden you can try this recipe. Take 200g of ivy leaves and softly boil them for 2-3 hours on low heat. Strain the leaves, soak 2 flannels in this warm water, and apply to your thighs. You can reuse this mixture until it is used up, by reheating it. This should be an occasional treatment.
THE ELEMENT EARTH Today is associated with stability, diligence, persistence, and working hard. The element Earth, is as its name suggests, is all about being ‘down to earth and getting the job done’. Fire Days are light, celebratory, and full of...
The LOOKING GOOD symbols These are the Looking Good symbols of the LWTM Lifestyle Calendar THE MONTH AHEAD. Click on any of these symbols and discover more articles, tips, and recipes about each topic GO BACK TO OVERVIEW OF SYMBOLS Cutting Hair Body Brushing Hair...